Monday 28 February 2011

appliqued cot quilt






Ok I know it's cheating to post images of work done ages ago, but I was looking for some pillowcases the other day in the mess I call my airing cupboard when I found a cot quilt which I lovingly stitched for Finlay 14 years ago! ....as I have not painted, photographed, or created anything worthy of a post this week, thought I would show these pics instead. I used Francescas' and Christians' drawings and turned them into the applique pieces on each square, using a wonderful coloured linen from our trusty John Lewis.

6 comments:

  1. gosh.....that is beautiful.
    and to use the older ones' drawings is perfect.
    does Fin remember it?

    really need to hear from you about goings on in your life....
    hope it is all good!
    miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM PARTICULARLY LOVING THE CAR WITH THE TRAFFIC LIGHT ASKEW AND THE CRITTER IN THE 3RD PICTURE DOWN. WHAT A LOVELY HEIRLOOM YOU'VE MADE DANIELLE - FOR ME THE MOST FABULOUS THING ABOUT QUILTS (NOT THAT I HAVE EVER MANAGED ONE) IS THAT THEY GO DOWN FAMILIES AND ARE TREASURED FOR MANY YEARS! XXDI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle- This is absolutely adorable!!!!! Finlay will really treasure this when...... someday...... he is a Daddy! I want to crawl into the blue baby pram....!!!!!! Wouldn't that be the most wonderful papier mache sculpture?! LOVE- Oolie

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you were amazing even 14 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not cheating at all! Each of the squares of this quilt is a little illustration in it own right and a real pleasure to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful. A freeze frame for ever of a mother's love.

    ReplyDelete