Friday 24 June 2011





Feeling in the need of some inspiration and not feeling the need to sit at my desk at work I escped to the amazing National Portrait Gallery to see the BP portrait awards......"The annual BP Portrait Award is the most prestigious portrait competition in the world, promoting the very best in contemporary portrait painting. Over the past thirty-two years the Award has proved the launch pad for the careers of many successful portrait artists."
It was wonderful and inspiring......I want to paint portraits now!
Above are my 2 favorites from the exhibition as well as the (top image) winning portrait by Wim Heldens "Distracted"...

1 comment:

  1. wow, the center one looks like a photograph.
    I like the bottom one, too.
    Must've been a great exhibit....

    ReplyDelete